THE INFORMATION LINCARE COLLECTS
We collect two types of information from Users:
- Personally Identifiable Information: This is information which you provide to us which personally identifies you, such as your name, postal or email address, phone number, billing information, date of birth, personally identifiable Health Information, etc.Health Information that you may provide to us includes but is not limited to any and all information, transmitted or maintained in electronic form, about your past, present, or future health or condition, treatment, medications, insurance benefits or other data that identifies you, collected and maintained by us, if you have registered to use an App or other Site (in which you provide and permit us to collect your Health Information in connection with a program in which you participate or services you receive from Lincare).By using any Site in which you disclose your Personally Identifiable Information, including your personally identifiable Health Information, you consent to and authorize us to receive, view, display, use, disclose, transmit and maintain Health Information on your behalf in connection with the ongoing support and services provided to you.
- Non-Personally Identifiable Information: This is defined as information that does not personally identify you, such as device-specific information, such as your hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, browser type, device type, IP address, geolocation.Non-Personally Identifiable Information also includes information about the time a User spends utilizing our App or accessing our Sites, [the web pages or Sites that a User visits just before or just after our App or Site], the dates and times that you use the App or visit a Site, and aggregate information about traffic patterns across Users.
OUR COMMITMENT TO CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
The Sites are not intended for children under 13 years of age.If you are under the age of 13, please DO NOT USE the Sites.We do not accept registration from children under 13 years of age and no one under the age of 13 may provide any information to or through our Sites.No personally identifiable information (as defined in the COPPA, 15 U.S.C. Section 6501) is purposefully or knowingly collected from children under the age of 13 by our Sites without verifiable parental consent. If you are a parent or guardian of a child under 13 years of age, and believe that he or she disclosed information to us, please contact us at the address below.If we learn that we have collected or received Personally Identifiable Information of persons under 13 years of age without verification of parental consent, we will exercise commercially reasonable efforts to delete this information.
DATA FROM USERS OUTSIDE OF THE UNITED STATES:
Although the Sites are accessible over the internet and therefore worldwide, the Sites and their content are intended for residents of the United States only. If you choose to access any of our Sites from locations outside the United States, such conduct is at your own risk and subject to the laws of the United States of America, which may differ from privacy laws in your state or home country, and you are responsible for compliance with any local laws. Personally Identifiable Information collected through or on Sites may be stored and processed in the United States or any other country in which Lincare or its affiliates, subsidiaries, or agents maintain facilities, and by using the Site you consent to any such transfer of information outside of your country. Users from outside the United States should not use or access Sites or disclose any information, including Personally Identifiable Information, through the Sites.Individuals outside the United States who disclose any data, including Personally Identifiable Information, through any of our Sites hereby acknowledge and consent to such data being stored in the United States or any other country, and transferred outside your country.
SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
The security of your Personally Identifiable Information is very important to us, and Lincare takes reasonable steps to protect the information you provide us from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction.We follow generally accepted industry standards to safeguard your information, however, no data or email transmission is ever fully secure or error free.Therefore, please take special care in deciding what information to send us.We have reasonable safeguards in place to protect your information, and we have taken the following security measures:
- Transport Layer Security (TLS) - We use TLS encryption when transmitting certain kinds of information, such as Health Information through the App from your mobile device to the Lincare server.An icon resembling a padlock is displayed in most browsers during TLS sessions.We also encrypt the Health Information you provide to us when such Health Information is at rest and stored in our servers.When you send text messages or emails to your friends, family or other individuals in your contact list, those messages or emails are outside of our control and are not encrypted.Alerts and reminders sent to your mobile device are also not encrypted.
- Secure Storage - We deploy reasonable and appropriate industry standard physical, technical, and administrative safeguards to protect your personal information.
- Vendors and Partners - To protect the security and privacy of your information, we may provide information to partners and vendors who work on our behalf or with us and require them to agree to maintain the confidentiality of your information.
- Access to Information - We limit access to your Personally Identifiable Information to those employees who reasonably need access to such information in order to provide you with services and process your information appropriately.
HOW LINCARE USES INFORMATION
We use your Personally Identifiable Information to provide you with information and services you requested, and if applicable, we use your Health Information to provide you with all of the support and services offered through a program in which you registered through a Site.We will use your email address, without further consent, for administrative purposes, for customer service purposes, to address intellectual property infringement, rights of privacy, or defamation issues.If you interact with us via social media (see more below in OTHER SITES AND SENDING INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES), we may also use your Personally Identifiable Information to respond to your inquiries or comments, or to deliver advertisements and social media notifications about our brand, products, or services.We may also tailor our advertising on social media to send you more practical product or service recommendations and offers.
We use the Non-Personally Identifiable Information that we collect to operate, maintain, enhance and provide all of the features and information found on the App or Site.Lincare may also use this information to (a) remember your information, so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you login to the App or other Site; and (b) monitor aggregate App or Site usage metrics based on total number of visitors.
Lincare uses all of the information that we collect to understand and analyze the usage trends and preferences of our Users, to improve the way the App or a Site functions and looks, and to create new features and functionality for the App or a Site.We may also anonymize or de-identify and aggregate all data and information collected from Users through the App or Sites and use it for our business purposes.
Lincare may also use your Personally Identifiable Information for customer service purposes.
WHEN LINCARE DISCLOSES INFORMATION
We do not share Personally Identifiable Information with other organizations for marketing or promotional uses without your express consent.However, there are certain circumstances in which we may share your Personally Identifiable Information such as:
- Use by third party agents or contractors: Personally Identifiable Information may be transferred to a third-party (such as an agent, consultant, or service provider) acting for or on behalf of Lincare, or in connection with Lincare’s business, for further processing in accordance with the original purpose of the collection of personal information.
Compliance with law: We may disclose User information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with state or federal laws.We may access and use your Personally Identifiable Information to contact you if necessary, and we may access, use and/or disclose your Personally Identifiable Information in response to a valid court order, subpoena, government investigation, or if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the requirements of the law or comply with legal process served on us; (b) protect and defend our rights or property, including our affiliates; or (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of Lincare, our Users, or others.
IN THE EVENT OF MERGER OR SALE:
In the event that Lincare is acquired by or merged with a third-party entity, we reserve the right, in any of these circumstances, to transfer or assign the information that we have collected from Users as part of such merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control.
You may decline to provide any Personally Identifiable Information to us while visiting and using our Sites.If you choose not to provide any Personally Identifiable Information, you may not be able to use a Site or App or certain aspects of a Site or App, and we will not be able to provide you some of the features and functionality found on a Site or available through an App.
You may change your mind regarding a prior authorization for use or disclosure of your Personally Identifiable Information or Health Information and notify us of such revocation, in writing, signed by you and delivered to the address provided below.Such notice will be effective upon receipt by Lincare but will not change or affect any actions that Lincare took, in reliance upon the prior authorization, before the revocation was received.
If you wish to access, amend, update, or delete your Personally Identifiable Information, please contact us at the address shown below.
OTHER SITES AND SENDING INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS AND ONLINE TRACKING
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits Users that are residents of California to request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, a list of all third parties to which the company has disclosed certain personally identifiable information as defined under California law for such third parties’ direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year.If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please email us through the ‘Contact Us’ feature or write us at the address noted below.
The California Online Privacy Protection Act (“CalOPPA”) requires Lincare to disclose how it responds to Do Not Track signals set in a User’s browser.Lincare supports Do No Track browser settings.If you enable Do Not Track privacy settings in the browser you are using, we will use commercially reasonable efforts to stop collecting the information that allows us to tailor the Sites to User preferences based on Users recent use of the Sites or services.Consequently, we will not store or use information about any other websites you visit, other than our Sites.
Lincare Holdings Inc.
c/o Privacy Officer
19387 U.S. 19 North
Clearwater, Florida 33764
DATE LAST MODIFIED
Other Types of Cookies
Strictly Necessary Cookies. These cookies are used to make sure our Site works and that you can use it effectively, such as remembering certain information on a form when you go to another page before the form has been completed.These cookies are used to remember information you’ve entered on our forms when you navigate to different pages in a single web browser session using our Site.These cookies are not used to gather information that could be used to advertise products or services to you, or to remember any preferences you have set beyond the current visit.If you prevent these cookies you may not be able to use certain features on our Site
Performance Cookies.These cookies are used to measure the performance of our Site, improve how our Site works, and measure our marketing activity. Information that is collected using these cookies is aggregated and anonymous and we are not able to identify individual users.We may use these cookies to provide aggregated statistics on how our website is used, see how effective our marketing activity is, and provide feedback to partners that one of our visitors also visited their website. We may also use these cookies to measure any errors that occur, improve the performance of our Site, and test different page designs on our Site.We do not use these cookies to target you with advertising on other websites, or to remember any preferences you have set beyond the current visit.
Functionality Cookies.These cookies allow websites to remember choices you make (for example, your user name, language or the region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features. These cookies can also be used to remember changes you have made to text size, fonts and other parts of web pages that you can modify. They may also be used to provide services on the site such as watching a video. We use these cookies to remember settings you've applied such as layout and text size, and remember if you have already completed an online survey.We do not use these cookies to target you with advertising or track your browsing activity on other websites.
Lincare Holdings Inc.
c/o Legal Office
19387 U.S. 19 North
Clearwater, Florida 33764
DATE LAST MODIFIED